Encryption (Trojan) Virus
Currently the IT-world is affected by a very tenacious wave of computer viruses. Up to now mainly Windows users were affected, but since the beginning of March also Mac-users have been hit by these viruses.
The anti-virus-manufacturers speak of currently up to 4 to 10 new versions every hour, which have been recognized.
How can you get infected?
- Email of a known enterprise or courier (UPS, DHL..)
- office documents containing macros
- Files with the extension CHM
- Evil JAVA script files
- Files with the extension .bat
- Packed files .zip
How can you protect yourself against these?
transtec offers special training (also as far as data protection is concerned) to increase your security.
- Intensification of email protection guidelines and optimisation of the anti-virus concept
- Examination of all security products being in use on being up-to-date
- Block or quarantine attachments (ZIP, BAT, JS,CHM)
- Activating Sandboxing
- Educating users by special sensitizing and training on access to (un)known
- emails or websites
- Updating patch status of office products
- Adjusting the backup concept towards the altered threat situation
- Increase of the number of backups in order not to create too big a “Delta” of data
- Backup-files on tape /offline
- Adjust exchange of email attachments
- - Usage of innovative and secure file exchange platforms, such as OwnCloud or Citrix Sharefile
- - Relief of mail server and optimizing the data security
- Prevention from reload of malware code for special mechanisms of the gateway firewall
- Optimizing the firewall concept with the possibilities of the “next generation firewall”
- Optimizing the priviledge concept
- No admin rights for users
- Central deactivation of macros via group guidelines
- No unnecessary rights on network drives